Resident Medical Officer (RMO)- Doctor Adult Intensive Care (ITU)
Salary:More than £60,000
Facility:The Wellington Hospital
Critical Care. Adult ITU Specialist Resident Medical Officer (RMO)
Wellington Hospital, St Johns Wood London, NW8 9LE.
Part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK private healthcare group, the Wellington is a leading private hospital in London with an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare. The hospital has gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas and offers a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation and gynaecologyy
We have an exciting opportunity for SPR Level trained doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare to work alongside top teaching specialist Consultants in a busy Adult ITU/HDU/Critical Care unit, treating a wide variety of complex critically ill patients. This is an excellent learning environment. Our unit is equipped with the latest technology and provides the highest level of dedicated, continuous and specialised care to Critical Care Level 2 and 3 patients with very complex needs.
The role requires SPR level experience and trained in Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia.and would be ideal for a SPR Level Doctor who aspires to have a consultant career in Critical Care. This opportunity will provide pre-CMT valuable experience working with world renowned specialist consultants, pioneering private practice treatments and medical advancements in complex care.
Permanent Salaried Contract: £65000-£75000 per annum dependent upon experience.
Either part time, 24 hours per week cover, or full time 40 hours per week contracts are available.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 7 days study leave, study allowance, monthly CPD training sessions, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
- This is a busy unit a vast range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- This will include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
We are looking for outstanding junior doctors, passionate to deliver first class medical care who are able to commit to a permanent contract and weekly rota of 12 hour or 24 hour shifts either on a part time or full time basis.
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Evidence of successful completion foundation training/competences
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
- Evidence of specialist training Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia ST3 and above FICM/FPM/RCoA - desirable