RMO PICU Specialist Registrar Doctor
Salary:More than £60,000
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) The Harley Street Children’s Hospital part of the award winning private hospital group HCA Healthcare UK.
With its 40 year history of clinical excellence and CQC ‘Outstanding’ rating in 2017 the PICU is the largest private unit of its kind in Europe, bringing together the expertise of world class consultants and dedicated specialist children’s nurses with instant access to the latest ground breaking technology for critical care. The unit specialises in cardiac (heart problems), cancer, and neurosciences (conditions of the brain and central nervous system) and spinal conditions. It has close, long-established links with other world renowned PICUs in London and around the world.
Recent multi-million pound investment has enabled us to provide modern, state-of-the-art facilities with brand new equipment and treatment rooms. The 13-bed unit, including five isolation rooms, provides specialist one-to-one care for each child. In addition, a five-bed high dependency ‘step-down’ area enables children to be transferred from intensive care when they are ready, while ensuring that the highest levels of monitoring and specialist care are maintained at all times.
We are actively looking to expand our permanent rota of specialist Paediatric SPR doctors on the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit rota based at The Harley Street Childrens Hospital.
This role will work in a small team of specialist medical professionals and will play a vital role in managing the medical care with our PICU unit which treat a range of complex cases including Cancer Care, Cardiac and Neurosciences.
Contract Type: Part Time - Permanent
Shift patterns: X12 Hours per week on a rota which includes weekdays and weekend
Salary: £70000 - £75000 pa pro rata
Additional Benefits: Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
- This is a busy unit with a vast range of children's complex cases, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Child Health Teaching Consultants and to ensure that children’ treatment and their families needs are met.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
• MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• Registered with the GMC
• Successful completion of MRCPCH Part 1 A and B or equivalent
• Holds a current licence to practice.
• Paediatric Intensive Care Unit qualifications and experience
• Success in FRCA Primary MCQ Examination or equivalent by date of application
• Success in Primary FRCA or equivalent