Shift Engineer (Electrical)
Facility:The Wellington Hospital
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more. You will also be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
The Estates department provides a range of services across the hospital which include; all equipment breakdowns, fabric repairs, planned preventative maintenance, capital project work support and service contracts.
As the Shift Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of workmanship maintaining the existing structure and fabric of the building on a daily basis. You will also maintain the hospital’s electrical services, architectural content and decorative finishes to the existing high standards.
Hours: This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week.
Shift Patterns: 8am-4.30pm Mon-Fri. 1 in 4 weeks, you'd be required to cover late shifts (1pm-9.30pm). On-call rota 1 in 8 weeks (includes late shifts and Sat/Sun 8am-4.30pm).
- To provide a high standard of workmanship maintaining the existing structure and fabric of the building on a daily basis
- To work to a planned preventative maintenance system in accordance with a programme of work as directed by the Estates Manager / Chief Engineers
- To provide an emergency call out service outside normal working hours as part of the estates department shift rota
- To be responsible for all tools, equipment and uniform provided by the company.
- To attend all company training days as deemed appropriate by the Estates Manager to enhance personal development and job skills
- To carry out all duties in a safe and professional manner adhering to The Wellington Hospital Health & Safety policy and current legislation
- To undertake other duties as may be directed by the Estates Manager / Chief Engineers
- Training in relevant discipline e.g. City & Guilds Level 2 or 3 in electrical Engineering/ NVQ is essential
- Previous experience in similar role within a Building Service/ Hotel service is essential
- Experience of working with HVAC, UPS, BMS, power generators and LV/HV electrical distribution systems
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety, COSHH
- Lifting and Handling
The successful candidate will have good verbal and non-verbal communication skills. They will also be a good team player and will be able to prioritise workload whilst working under pressure. Accuracy, attention to detail and the flexibility to respond to the needs of the hospital are a must.