Our Primary Care Division is the UK’s leading provider of corporate healthcare services, with extensive experience of creating and delivering effective and innovative corporate wellness strategies. We provide services on a national basis to over 1000 clients and operate out of offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Prestatyn and Glasgow catering for an increasingly diverse range of clients.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits.
We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Estates Manager to join our Primary Care Division at HCA Healthcare UK on a permanent basis having responsibility for 16 Clinics across London, Birmingham and Glasgow.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a safe, comfortable and well maintained environment for all service users. Working as part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for day to day delivery of facility management and overseeing projects which will enable us to provide quality healthcare delivery in line with HCA goals and business objectives.
Working hours - 40 per week, Monday – Friday (some flexibility required where you may be required to work on a weekend but you’d get this time back in lieu)
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience plus attractive Bonus
Your primary base will be London, with travel across the 16 Clinics and occasional travel to Birmingham and Glasgow as needed.
- Provide professional leadership and maintain effective staff management across the estate
- Contribute to the ongoing achievement of business plan objectives for the Operational Department
- Plan adequate budgetary provision in anticipation of future developments with the estate
- Ensure cost effective support and maintenance arrangements using internal resources and third part contractors
- Be responsible for setting and achieving departmental KPIs and develop a programme of planned preventative maintenance.
- To ensure a fast and effective response to unplanned and emergency maintenance requests.
- To advise Operations Director/Head of Operations on deficiencies in system and contribute to strategic planning of replacement/repair.
- To liaise with senior management, and wide range of stakeholders to co-ordinate a safe and efficient operating environment
- Engineering degree desirable, or HND/HNC in relevant discipline.
- Qualification in Health and Safety, COSHH, IOSH essential
- Training in relevant discipline e.g. City & Guilds plumbing / NVQ.
- Management training desirable.
- Membership of professional body i.e. Inst. of Hospital Engineers & Estate Managers is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
You will have the ability to liaise with Managers and staff across all areas of the business to organise maintenance and building activities. You will have excellent leadership skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your workload effectively at all times.