Specialist RMO Oncology Doctor
Facility:London Bridge Hospital Campus
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Middle Grade Doctor within the specialist area of Oncology for our new Cancer Centre, a 22 bedded oncology inpatient unit which covers all haematology and oncology patients including stem cell transplantation.
Private Care at Guy's Hospital, part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK, UKs largest private funded patient hospital group, opened in 2017 after a £38.2 million investment. This purpose built facility is a modern private cancer facility in Central London part of the London Bridge Hospital campus, recently awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC.
This is a great opportunity to work with world renowned Oncologists who also work at London’s major teaching hospitals and have been responsible for a significant number of ground-breaking medical achievements. As well as being equipped with the most advanced diagnostic equipment our facilities provides a great learning environment for doctors.
The role of the Specialist RMO Doctor is to provide supportive care across chemotherapy, inpatient and outpatient oncology and haematology, looking after patients throughout their journey from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Consultant are directly responsibility for private patients however the Specialist Doctor plays a key supportive role in their care.
We are looking specifically trained Cancer Doctors for full time or part time contracts.
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary varies upon experience £55,000-£65,000 per annum
- Hours 12 hour shifts, a minimum commitment of 24 hours per week are required
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension and our onsite revalidation officer.
Should you wish to study further, we can help you with your CPD and specialist interests, through our in-house learning academy or developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those doctors wishing to study for a higher degree such as MSc and PhD and clinical management degrees and diplomas.
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management from Admission through to Discharge.
- To be part of a team that provides immediate first line assessment and resuscitation for critically ill patients throughout the hospital.
- Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate.
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital.
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- SPR/Registrar Level practice experience essential in Oncology
- Evidence of successful completion of CT/ST1 & 2 training/competences
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player