Haematology Specialist Doctor
Salary:£50,001 - £60,000
Facility:Harley Street at UCH
A dedicated private facility, recently awarded 'Outstanding' by the CQC, offering expert care for cancers and blood disorders. We work with internationally renowned experts to provide specialist treatment adult Oncology and Haematology care, including a JACIE accredited bone marrow transplant service.
Out outpatient services include Chemotherapy day care and advanced Radiology service equipped with a TrueBeam STx.
Many of the top consultants in the country choose to treat their patients at our facility, and we support them with a team of specialist nursing staff and allied healthcare professionals, making this a great place to work for Junior Doctors.
We are seeking Junior Doctors to commit to a minimum of X2, 12 or 14 hour shifts per week on a permanent contract.
Rewards: Competitive Salary, Paid Indemnity, Annual Leave, Pension and Private Healthcare Insurance.
We also invest heavily every year in opportunities for our staff’s professional learning and development. Whether it’s enrolling on a leadership course, attending seminars and talks, or simply being one of the first in the UK to utilise new equipment and treatments, you can be sure that your knowledge will continue to advance alongside industry innovations.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
- To consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
- To undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, Bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration).
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC,
- MRCP or MRCS (or equivalent) desirable
- Haematology experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player