Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year. From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
HCA Healthcare UK is currently undergoing an exciting period of development whereby we are setting up a Project Management Office (PMO) to be based in our corporate head office which will act as a shared service to support with a variety of cross functional projects. This will increase the impact of HCA’s programmes by ensuring that projects are delivered to high quality and with maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
The Project Manager will largely support our International team with driving daily activities of projects which will continue to drive and develop HCA’s international market revenue. The Project Manager will support with all aspects of projects including; planning, managing and delivering projects of moderate to high complexity, including estimating, planning, execution, scheduling, and definition of product functionality.
The Project Manager must demonstrate a strong commitment to stakeholder relationships by proactively communicating and taking ownership of risks/issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme. This role will be UK based but there may be occasional international travel.
- Supports with a variety of cross-functional projects from beginning to end; defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support HCA Healthcare UK in collaboration with business owners, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Works with Business Owner/Sponsor and others as needed, to define project objectives, and other criteria such as timeline, resources, budget, and completion criteria, and document in a project charter.
- Responsible for organising project activities into manageable work efforts for team members and determine an effective approach to completing the work, as outlined in the project plan.
- Works with team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables.
- Proactively manage and identify risks and issues, developing contingency plans ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for tracking risks and issues ensuring their visibility to the team members required to resolve them.
- Prince 2 qualified or equivalent is desirable.
- Previous experience of working within a large matrix organisation in an established Project Management Office is essential.
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Experience of working on international projects is desirable.
- Experience in managing small to large, highly complex projects; demonstrating ability to run concurrent projects.
- Previous experience of working on cross-functional business growth and transformation projects.
- Excellent people management and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong vendor management and Stakeholder skills.
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Project.