Biomedical Scientist - Haematology
Category:Healthcare Science Services
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private hospital group and winners of ‘The Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016.’
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services.
We have a number of sites within central London, with the main locations at Wimpole Street and Shropshire House. We have further laboratories at The London Bridge Hospital, Leaders in Oncology Care, Harley Street and The Platinum Medical Centre with further planned development inside the London area.
We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry and endocrinology, haematology and blood transfusion, histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology, with each laboratory equipped with the best available analytical instrumentation.
This is for our Lab based at Sydney Street.
This is an exciting time to join HCA Laboratories, we have an exciting opportunity Haematology BMS to join us as part of the team for our new site in Chelsea.
The successful candidates will be responsible will be expected to work as a team member within Haematology and will be responsible for the speedy and accurate processing of samples and the interpretation and validation of results for laboratory users servicing LOC and Lister Hospital Lab located at Sydney Street.
The salary range is £35,686 - £40,415 per annum depending on experience (37.5hrs pw).
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples
- Interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results
- Monitor and enter results from referral laboratories
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary Night Shift Rota at the Main lab as required and cover HCA Labs satellite facilities as required.
- Assist Department Head with the day to day running of the Lab
- Follow SOP’s and in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions
- HCPC Registered
- BSc Biomedical Science or equivalent
- Member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Extensive post registration experience in a clinical haematology laboratory is essential
- Evidence of continual personal development
The successful candidate will possess a high level of concentration, precision and accuracy, ensuring that all results are returned with accurate information in a timely manner. They will have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and encourage others to do the same. They will need to be comfortable directing others with their workload and be effective at prioritising workloads. Finally, they will have a customer focused attitude at all times, working with the team to ensure their processes are efficient and effective.