Facility:The Princess Grace Hospital
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 120 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, life assurance, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions (on completion of probation period), annual salary review and help to balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year. You’ll also benefit from our flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships. You will also receive regular training and coaching to support and develop you in your position.
As the Chief Engineer you will effectively use the TMA system in the planned maintenance activities in Plumbing, Electrical, Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning Systems thereby facilitating uninterrupted business of the Hospital. You will satisfy Insurers and License Providers and will ensure unplanned plant down times are at a minimum.
As the Chief Engineer, you will also manage duties and functions relating to decision making, organising, planning, controlling, communicating and directing the Engineering staff.
Salary: £30,218 - £35,620 (dependent on candidate experience)
Hours and Shifts: 40 hours/ week, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm. Flexibility to cover on call or weekends where necessary is also required.
- Know all emergency procedures
- Assist Estates Manager with the recruitment process as necessary.
- Effectively manage staff workload and provide 24 hour cover to the Hospital.
- Provide adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials for department.
- Assist with monthly department meetings
- Efficiently maintain all hospital emergency systems and standards.
- Maintain accurate logs and records for all areas of responsibility.
- Conduct on the job training for maintenance personnel and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Inspect all areas of the hospital to determine that maintenance standards are being met.
- Ensure Plant availability for Insurance Inspections.
- To provide technical guidance and advice to Hospital departments/staff
- To advise Estates Manager on building/plant defects and contribute to strategic planning of plant replacement/repair.
- To liaise with external contractors and monitor their work performance.
- City & Guild’s Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification is essential
- HNC/ HND in Engineering is desirable
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential
- Solid experience within either Electrical Mechanical, or Plumbing
- Understanding and ability to operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and boiler systems
- Excellent trouble shooting or fault finding skills
The successful individual will be someone that takes ownership of their workload and is able to prioritise. They will need to be flexible and constantly providing solutions to situations. Strong IT and communication skills are a must.