Clinical Nurse Specialist - Haematology Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant
Facility:The Christie Clinic
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
The Christie Private Care, located in Manchester, is a Joint Venture partnership between HCA UK and Europe's largest cancer hospital, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust.
The Christie Private Care Haematology Unit comprises of beautifully appointed, hepa-filtered en-suite rooms. The team of nurses with a wealth of knowledge and experience in Haematology, Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation, support 3 dedicated consultants who lead the Haematology Unit. We are also proud that in 2016 we achieved JACIE accreditation for our shared Transplant programme between The Christie Private Care and The Christie NHS Trust.
These are exciting times for the unit as we implement plans for service development and growth and as such we are looking for highly motivated, specialist and advanced nurses to join our team and help us to continue to deliver and build upon, excellence in care and service delivery.
As the Haematology Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant Clinical Nurse Specialist you will provide expert clinical and educational advice to patients, families and staff. Working autonomously to support the Consultants, whilst assisting in the business growth of the Haematology service, you will also be responsible for identifying areas of their service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience. You will also be expected to work collaboratively with The Christie NHS Trust as part of the Bone Marrow Transplant Programme
Salary circa £38,000 plus HCA benefits
Working hours 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
HCA Healthcare will look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
- Provide professional and clinical leadership; act as a resource for education and clinical expertise. Directly, support, encourage and advise clinical teams, by the provision of specialist oncology/haematology nursing knowledge and advice in the care of patients.
- Actively undertake clinical audits and research within the Haematology Oncology specialist area.
- Promote patient centred care, and establish and maintain a supportive relationship with the patient and their family during the period of assessment, treatment and after care.
- Complete a Holistic Needs Assessment on every patient diagnosed with a Haematological Malignancy
- Work autonomously; manage a specialist caseload of patients within haematology whilst working as part of the multidisciplinary team, delivering individualised and personalised direct patient care.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationship between clinicians, practitioners and managers within the specialty. Lead and participate in education and training programmes within the continence service, and develop training packages as required.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of evidence based standards, guidelines and path ways. Keeping up with current developments and trends in clinical practice. Motivate, develop, support and identify training needs for department staff.
As a registered nurse with extensive experience within Oncology/Haematology, you will ideally have achieved a qualification in one of more of these fields and possess up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues. You will also have proven evidence of management/leadership and autonomous practice- specialist knowledge.
The successful candidate will work on their own initiative (self-starter), and have an ability to make decisions, organise and prioritise work. They will have excellent interpersonal skills with patients and professionals. They will also demonstrate an ability to manage conflict situations, set and monitor standards, work under pressure, able to show tact and to manage boundaries. The successful candidate will also have good presentation skills, and will be capable of interpreting Management Information.