BANK- Patient Admin Officer
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
We are looking for experienced Bank Patient Admin Officers to join our Central Bank team to support our facilities across HCA Healthcare in delivering a high quality admin service to patients, consultants and third parties to facilitate the overall care and financial aspects of service within our HCA Hospitals. This will be to work on an adhoc temporary basis as and when there are requirements within the business.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for flexibility in your working hours without committing to a permanent role and will give you the chance to work at different World class hospitals within London. Bank assignments vary from one or two days cover to a couple of weeks or longer.
We offer competitive hourly rates of pay. We offer a service Monday to Saturday, on a shift basis.
- To provide an efficient booking, registration, pre-admission, admission and accounting service to patients, third parties and consultants and their secretaries
- To ensure there is a list of all expected patient attendees for the working day
- To ensure that the minimum data set requirement is asked for and verified at the time of attendance if not already received during booking and pre-registration
- To input charges if necessary and to prepare invoices
- To ensure payment is received for all self-funding patients
- To reconcile daily takings and ensure all banking procedures adhered to as per audit requirements
- Receive monies/credit transactions and record as per financial audit requirements
- To ensure refunds and fee payments are actioned in a timely manner
- Monitor and action the unbilled reports daily
- Assist Seniors in the collation of the daily, weekly & monthly and checklists
- Ensure consulting room rental charges are processed on a weekly basis and all other charges to be actioned before month end
- Monitor and action the credit balances weekly
- Previous experience in an accounting environment preferably with Cashiering and Billing
- Experience of working in a fast moving, heavily customer based, commercial service environment, ideally in the private health sector
- Good grasp general medical terminology
- Computer literate
To be successful you will have good verbal and non verbal skills, accuracy and attention to detail. An understanding of medical terminology would be desirable. Good customer care skills are essential.