Senior BMS Microbiology - 10 Month FTC
Category:Healthcare Science Services
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services. The Biochemistry laboratory is a busy department providing support to HCA’s hospitals throughout London. The Section is equipped with Roche Modulars, Cobas, and Sebia Hydrasys and Vitech osmometer
As part of the BMS team you will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this we’re very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there’s a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
This is a 10 month Fixed Term Contract
The Post holder will be expected to work as a team member within Biochemistry and will be responsible for the speedy and accurate processing of samples and the interpretation and validation of results. They will assist the BMS 3 with the day to day running of Section. They will be required to participate on an extended working day rota, and the weekend rota and multi-disciplinary night shift rota.
Please note the projected salary for this role is between £39,727 to £44,992 per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience.
- The interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results
- To monitor and enter results from referral laboratories
- To ensure equipment in Section is working correctly
- To ensure internal and external quality schemes are performed
- To follow SOP’s and in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions
- Stock control and rotation
- To maintain professional development records in compliance with IBMS and HPC requirements
- BSc Biomedical Science or equivalent
- HCPC Registered – at least two years post registration experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory
- Member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Evidence of continual personal development
The successful candidate will possess a high level of concentration, precision and accuracy, ensuring that all results are returned with accurate information in a timely manner. They will have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and encourage others to do the same. They will need to be comfortable directing others with their workload and be effective at prioritising workloads. Finally, they will have a customer focused attitude at all times, working with the team to ensure their processes are efficient and effective.