Clinical Audit and Effectiveness Lead
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
We're at the forefront of ground breaking medicine and our clinical standards are a given, but it's the individual care we to each patient give that means 99% of them recommend HCA UK. Our facilities include The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS. Our corporate support roles are based in our head office in Marylebone.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
The Clinical Audit and Effectiveness Lead ensures that the Organisation has an effective and robust clinical audit programme that covers the entire portfolio and all clinical services, specialties and professional groups in the Organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Organisation’s Quality, Clinical Audit and Effectiveness Strategy’s and policies to ensure that clinical audits and implementation of NICE guidance are contributing to the Trust’s continuous improvement of quality and safety of patient care.
Alongside this the Clinical Audit and Effectiveness lead also has responsibility for supporting the Organisation’s Quality, Clinical Audit and Mortality Leads in ensuring compliance with relevant national and regulatory requirements.
This role is based in our Central London head office, Marylebone, however the role holder will need to have regular, physical interaction across all of our central London facilities.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
- Work with the Group Head of Governance & Risk on embedding the Learnings from Deaths and Structured Review processes.
- Corporate lead and expert advisor for clinical audit and effectiveness specific programmes, as part of the broader quality strategy.
- Lead a network of quality and effectiveness practitioners across the Organisation, supporting them to implement relevant clinical audit and effectiveness strategies and policies.
- Responsible for policy development for Clinical Audit, NICE guidance, Confidential Enquiries, Clinical Guidelines Protocols and Procedures.
- Work with clinicians and other staff, in all areas and all professions to drive the Clinical Audit and Effectiveness agenda, supporting compliance and continual quality improvement.
- Monitor and drive the quality improvement agenda on the back of audit findings, and lessons learned from Mortality reviews, reported events, confidential enquiries, and other quality related horizon scanning programmes.
- Manage the Clinical Audit and Effectiveness Committee, ensuring agenda, minutes, action log and papers are produced
- A Healthcare management or Quality Management Qualification or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in developing an audit framework from scratch is essential.
- Knowledge of the UK governance, regulatory and legislative framework.
- An understanding of the conduct clinical activity from working in a medium to large organisation.
- Experience in or a thorough knowledge of clinical audit activities and associated governance and improvement programmes.
- Ability to analyze and critically appraise complex information