Facility:52 Alderley Road
HCA Joint Ventures is an innovative branch of HCA International, working in partnership with NHS Trusts across the country. HCA Joint Ventures provides continually high-quality treatment, within state-of-the-art facilities, supported by the latest technology and the infrastructure of large NHS hospitals. Although these joint ventures are with NHS Trusts, patients are treated in an exclusively private setting.
The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road, opened in June 2014, is a modern, private outpatient, diagnostic and daycase surgical facility based in Wilmslow Cheshire. Supported by a strong tradition of excellence in healthcare, as a subsidiary of the award-winning HCA International group, features state of the art equipment and world class surgical specialists; 2 fully integrated laminar flow operating theatres, 8 recovery bays, a discharge lounge, and 13 consulting rooms.
The Healthcare Assistant will assist clinical staff in providing nursing care of the highest quality to patients. They will also perform administrative duties as required, facilitating the smooth running of the department,
Hours: 37.5 hours/ week, consisting of earlies (07.30 - 15.30) and lates (13.00 - 21.00)
Salary: £17,219 - £19,501 (dependent on candidate experience)
- Provide basic nursing care to patients under the supervision of trained staff
- Carry out basic observations and recording the results
- To notify senior staff of changes/concerns in patients condition
- Recognise own limitations and request assistance as necessary
- Monitor stock levels and order stock and non-stock items as delegated
- Ensure clinical areas are kept tidy
- Clean and check equipment, reporting faults
- Escort patients as required, either within the hospital or beyond
- Undertake administrative duties as required
- Ensure all patient charges captured and entered on Meditech
- To support the team in ensuring Patient Satisfaction Surveys are given to all patients and collected prior to discharge
- To participate in phlebotomoy once adequately trained
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- Previous Healthcare Assistant experience within a hospital setting is essential
- Previous experience within Outpatients is desirable
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills and will strive to ensure customer focus and satisfaction. They will have the ability to work indecently as well as within a team and will have the flexibility to respond to the needs of the department. Punctuality and professionalism are a must.