BANK Pharmacy Technician
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service
Working as a key member of the Pharmacy Team as such they will assist in the provision of a comprehensive pharmacy service which consistently meet the needs of all service users within the Harley Street Clinic.
The postholder will contribute to the efficient day to day running of the dispensary, working under the direct supervision of both the Senior Pharmacy Technician and Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- Ensure a high standard of work is maintained, in line with corporate, clinic and department protocols and guidelines
- Communicate with all customers in a professional, efficient and polite manner
- Participate in multidisciplinary teamwork, helping to motivate staff and maintain effective working relationships.
- Contribute to the provision of a comprehensive dispensary service to ensure that pharmacy service needs are met.
- To liaise with the Senior Technician in all aspects of the department
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area including cleaning of pharmacy equipment and shelving.
- Cover the duties of the Pharmacy Assistant and Senior Pharmacy Technician in their absence with support from the HCA grade 5 Pharmacists.
- Achieve, maintain and develop appropriate pharmacy technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Assist in the development and improvement of pharmacy standards and monitoring through internal audit
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH and other relevant regulations
- Minimum 1 year experience of hospital pharmacy
- Registered member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Pharmacy NVQ3, BTech or equivalent
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity and effectiveness at all levels
- Able to work effectively with senior technicians and other hospital staff
- Recognition of potential problems and ability to deal effectively with problems
- Time management & organisational skills
The successful candidate will have excellent customer care skills and good communication skills to allow them to liaise effectively with consultants, colleagues, medical secretaries and patients.