Salary:£40,001 - £50,000
HCA Healthcare UK, London's Largest Private Hospital Group, is actively seeking to recruit a Clinical Fellow to be based at The London Hip Unit. London W1G 6PU. Aligned to Princess Grace Hospital.
Applications are welcome from Thursday 20th December 2017, closing date of 20th January 2018.
This role is will work with well respected Orthopaedic surgeons this role will encompass all elements of In and Out patient care and surgical support in a unit performing over 500 hop operations annually.
- Full time hours
- Permanent contract
- To commence employment asap
- Annual salary of £50000pa.
The London Hip Unit has a worldwide reputation for excellence as one of the UK's only dedicated private facilities for the specialist treatment and care of adults with hip problems. Able to offer patients a unique service which combines surgical expertise with a full patient support team and a wide range of facilities at a single location.
All surgery at The London Hip Unit is carried out by Miss Sarah Muirhead-Allwood BSc FRCS, one of the world's leading hip surgeons. Miss Muirhead-Allwood is particularly renowned for her expertise in complex and revision hip replacements and in minimally invasive procedures, and is one of only a handful of UK surgeons to offer this approach.
This unit has a strong commitment and history of producing significant clinical academic papers and literature as well as research and development of prostheses and techniques of hip surgery with links to Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and Imperial.
Our aim is to provide absolute excellence for our patients. Working with each patient on a completely individual basis, the treatment we offer incorporates the latest medical developments and the most up-to-the minute products.
- Sees patients in outpatient clinics examine and arranges for any necessary x-rays or other tests and under consultant supervision interprets results.
- Completes a daily ward round for in-patients. Monitor their progress aiming for discharge. Prescribes and/or administers appropriate drug therapy. Arrange inpatient investigations and manage necessary treatment.
- Provides an on-call service on a rota covering evenings and weekends. For In-patient consultation and any emergency situations that may arise,.
- Refers patient to specialist where necessary and liaises with specialist;
- Prepares and delivers lectures, undertakes research, and conducts and participates in clinical trials; Supervises the implementation of care and treatment plans by other healthcare providers.
- The candidate must have a recognised medical qualification (MBBS etc) and if overseas competence and language equivalence qualifications such and PLAB.
- Orthopaedic and general surgical experience is ideally required though if only one is available and the candidate strong that is potentially adequate.
- Experience in general medicine and in managing a range of medical conditions.
- Experience in managing hospital in-patients.