Admin Assistant (Part Time)
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing diagnostics services for hospitals, GPs, and other healthcare providers. We cover all disciplines in pathology, with each laboratory equipped with the best available analytical instrumentation.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business unit within HCA Labs that is focused on top-quality customer service. Our operations are run out of the business unit’s main site in Cambridgeshire, where we have a small, friendly and committed team ready to help with our customers’ needs.
As part of the team you will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Admin Assistant to join us, based in Northampton. They will carry out general administration activities to support the company to deliver a high quality service, working closely with our customer service and operations team, clients and clinicians.
Hours and shifts: 20 hours/week. 13.30-17.30, Monday to Friday
Salary: £18,500 (pro rata)
- Liaise over the phone, email or in-person with clinicians, pathologists, clients and colleagues to deal with enquiries and resolve issues
- Receive hospital request forms and microscope slides, and upload and update patient case records accordingly, including entering medical information onto the computer system
- Ensure efficient turnaround of all cases including identifying, preparing, packaging and dispatching samples
- Update and maintain information for the running of unit, including trackers and databases. Deal with records / client accounts
- Ensure patient and staff information remains secure and confidential. Comply with local and national policies for the safe, secure and confidential processing and management of patient and other information
- Other general office duties, and responding to issues as they arise
- Experience of working in Customer Service is essential
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment is desirable
- Excellent typing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
The successful candidate will be a good communicator and able to work independently. They will be a fast worker, with the ability to prioritise and meet targets. Attention to detail is essential.