The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
London Bridge Hospital is again expanding in 2017 into the top four floors of the new Guy’s Cancer Centre. With 38.2 million pound investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility will allow London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site will encompass inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound
The bank dietitian will provide advanced dietetic care within relevant and appropriate specialist fields especially that of critical care, gastro surgical, oncology and artificial nutrition support (enteral and parenteral). They will provide a high quality service for an allocated inpatient caseload. The bank dietitian is responsible for maintaining their Continued Professional Development to ensure that they provide dietetic advice that is clinically evidence based and in line with best practice standards, and appropriate to the patient group, cultures and social contexts of patients, families and carers.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
- To work independently and manage a challenging clinical caseload.
- To assist in the provision of services in one or more of the necessary clinical areas including intensive care, parenteral nutrition, oncology, gastrointestinal and surgical patients under the supervision of a senior specialist dietitian as required.
- Responsible for delivering the highest quality of service for the inpatients at London Bridge Hospital.
- Plan, prioritise and manage own caseloads as an independent practitioner, and contribute to hospital based multidisciplinary teams to deliver appropriate nutritional care plans for patients.
- Provide dietetic advice to patients and/or carers, taking into account their social, emotional, psychological and cultural needs and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Obtain relevant clinical information concerning patient’s medical and social history from a range of sources including medical and nursing notes, other health professionals, the patient and their carer.
- As the successful candidate for this position, you will hold a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent, and be registered with the HCPC and BDA. Extensive clinical experience, either with experience in a wide range of specialities or be a specialist in their particular area of interest.
The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. They will be able to work in a multi-cultural setting, adaptable to working alone or with different groups, liaising with professionals at all levels. The successful candidate will have good time management and presentation skills. They should be a team player, who enjoys meeting new challenges and being part of an innovative department.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!