Bank - Senior 1 Physiotherapist
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior 1 Physiotherapist to join our Physiotherapy department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The service covers a 46-bedded Rehabilitation Unit and a 10-bedded Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness Unit which both have an established interdisciplinary team approach.
The Senior 1 Physiotherapist post offers an excellent range of rotations between impatient neurological rehabilitation, prolonged disorders of consciousness unit and neurology outpatients.
- Job Type: Full-Time; 12 months fixed-term maternity cover contract post.
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Shift pattern: Monday – Friday; 9am – 5:15pm.
- Salary: £36,937 - £44,271 per annum.
- Benefits: structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
- Carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex neurological needs.
- Provide clinical supervision and facilitate the learning and development of Senior 2 staff members and therapy assistants on the rehabilitation unit
- Formulate and implement individual physiotherapy treatment programs to meet service and patient needs.
- Provide physiotherapy intervention where there may be barriers to understanding, such as foreign language or due to speech/hearing/visual impairment and cognitive/perceptual difficulties.
- Organise and lead in-service training sessions in conjunction with Lead Physiotherapist.
- Evaluate patient progress as well as Develop and implement comprehensive discharge plans.
- Health Professions Council Physiotherapy registration.
- Physiotherapy degree qualification or equivalent.
- Post registration clinical experience in neurology including rehabilitation.
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of a neurophysiology and a wide range of approaches to the management of neurological patients.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
As part of this team, you can expect world-class facilities, comprehensive support and development opportunities throughout your career with The Wellington.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details. We look forward to meeting you!