Bank - Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
Part of the world’s largest private healthcare group, HCA Healthcare UK is the country's biggest provider of privately funded care. From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities. The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 240 beds and circa 950 employees.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to join our Speech Therapy department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 6PD). The Speech Therapy department provides a high quality service to rehab and acute in-patients with communication, cognitive and swallowing problems.
As a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist you will provide a highly specialised service to patients with complex neurodisability, including cognitive, communication and swallowing problems on the Neurorehabilitation unit.
- Job Type: Full time post, permanent role.
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5:15pm; Monday – Friday).
- Salary: £36,937 - £44,271 plus HCA benefits package.
- Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing
support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
- Assessment, diagnosis and management of inpatients who present with communication, cognitive and swallowing problems.
- Assess patients with swallowing disorders using instrumental swallowing assessments where appropriate (Videofluoroscopy & FEES).
- Supervise treatment by junior Speech and Language Therapists and Therapy Assistants within the unit.
- Provide comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments for each patient as well as plan and implement treatment using a goal planning system.
- To work closely with the Lead Speech and Language Therapist to establish and promote the delivery of high quality treatment, including implementing quality initiatives and quality assurance methods.
- Work as an effective team member of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams to ensure that an agreed care plan and patient centred goals are set and that the outcome of intervention is monitored.
- Registered member of RCSLT / HCPC.
- Highly specialist experience in neurology field including Stroke and Head Injury Management.
- Experience working within an adult, in-patient setting.
- Experience of independent practice in Videofluoroscopy, FEES (Fibreoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing) and tracheostomy assessment & management.
- Professional qualification in Speech and Language Therapy would be advantageous.
- Supervisory experience in order to support Junior Staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process. We look forward to meeting you!