Bank - Senior 1 Neuro Occupational Therapist
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior 1 Occupational Therapist to join our Occupational Therapy department based at our facility in St Johns Wood, NW8 9LE. The OT department delivers services to the Neurological Rehabilitation Unit, as well as to acute adult patients across the hospital, including the Intensive Care Units.
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.
As Senior 1 Occupational Therapist, you will provide high quality Occupational Therapy Service managing a caseload of clients with complex needs within the Neurological Rehabilitation Unit, using evidence based/client centred interventions.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week (9am - 5:15pm; Monday – Friday)
The projected salary range is is £36,937 - £44,271 per annum, plus a comprehensive benefits package on top. This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
- Provide comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments for each patient.
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT services within a designated area, holding responsibility for defined projects.
- Plan and implement treatment using a goal planning system within the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and concise treatment records detailing the individual patient treatment plan and progress.
- To provide leadership for junior staff through supervision and appraisal.
- Registration with HCPC.
- Post registration experience as an Occupational Therapist with considerable experience in the field of neurology including stroke and head injury rehabilitation.
- Experience of working with acute neurological patients within an in-patient setting.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the flexibility to respond to the needs of the department & service.
- Continuous professional development in the field of Neurology/Rehab/OT.
- Experience in providing teaching to colleagues.
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process. We look forward to meeting you!