BANK - Patient Admin / Admin / Receptionist
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
We are looking for Patient Administrators and Receptionists to join our Central Bank team to deliver customer focused, high quality administration services to our patients and service users across HCA Healthcare on an adhoc temporary basis as and when there are requirements within the business.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for flexibility in your working hours without committing to a permanent role and will give you the chance to work at different World class hospitals within London. Bank assignments vary from one or two days cover to a couple of weeks or longer.
We currently have requirements in London and Romford, Essex.
We offer competitive hourly rates of pay. Typical shifts available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 4pm or 9am and 5pm.
Patient Administrator duties include:
- To provide a professional standard of excellence in admin services for all patients.
- To provide first line customer care to patients, directing them to the appropriate changing and waiting areas, assisting
- them as appropriate.
- To make bookings of immediate/future appointments.
- Register patients on the Hospital Meditec system, taking payments as appropriate and in line with departmental
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times.
- Adhere to HCA infection Control policies.
- Transfer information from paper request forms onto the electronic computer system.
- General administration duties (to include scanning patient registration forms and guarantor letters).
Receptionist duties include:
- Meet and greet patients, visitors, consultants and staff and deal with their enquiries efficiently and professionally
- To receive telephone queries and communicate via e-mail, both internally and externally in an acceptable time frame
- To admit and discharge patients
- Add booking forms and pre admit unplanned admissions
- To arrange couriers, taxis and ambulances for the unit and patients as required using private services
- Answer telephone enquiries in a pleasant and polite manner, referring where appropriate. All calls to be answered within the desirable “Operators Response Time” of ten seconds
- To provide a pleasant and efficient telephone service for patients, doctors, visitors, staff and any other callers.
- To direct in a pleasant manner all visitors, staff and doctors to the correct departments.
- Previous experience of working in an admin or customer service position.
- Experience of working within a hospital environment and good knowledge of medical terminology is desirable
- Excellent customer services experience, communications skills and telephone manner are essential to ensure your provide our patients with the highest quality service.
As the successful individual you should have a desire to provide world class customer service. You should possess excellent verbal communication skills including a professional, confident and calm approach and will take ownership in all your work, willing to ‘go the extra mile’. As the role will involve handling patient records, it will be important for to have an attention to detail.