Clinical Nurse Specialist - Breast
Salary:£30,001 - £40,000
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) are a specialist cancer outpatient clinic with an international reputation as a centre of excellence. Protecting and maintaining this level of clinical excellence is therefore central to everything LOC does.
Every single person who works at LOC understands they play an equally valuable role in helping the patient. LOC has a warm and friendly environment, where staff feels valued and recognised for their contribution to our reputation. We support our staff and promote career development through a range of training and learning programs along with a generous benefits package.
This is an opportunity based at our new facility in Sydney Street.
The successful applicant will work as part of a well-established dynamic multi-disciplinary team who provide specialist advice for the diagnosis, management, treatment and on-going care and support of patients. You will also be involved in supporting and advising members of the health care teams with the hospital. Ideally you should have experience of caring for patients with cancer.
The main purpose of the role is to support patients with breast cancer, providing them with information and psychological support, alongside acting as a Key Worker and a specialist resource of current clinical information to address the specific needs of individual patients through direct / indirect interventions. You will liaise across all care settings and with other Health Care Professionals when appropriate, and contribute to the development of the breast multidisciplinary team.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Shifts: Monday to Friday
Salary: £39,174 to £45,419 per annum
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more
Location: Sydney Street, London
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and develops the specialist advisory and supportive role of a clinical nurse specialist in Breast Care, demonstrating advanced clinical skills and knowledge base, supported by appropriate training
- Works as an autonomous and unsupervised practitioner, managing a caseload of patients
- Implements practice that is evidence based and evaluates its effectiveness
- Advises staff knowledgeably and skilfully in wards, outpatients/other departments and community on the care of patients undergoing interventional diagnostic procedures, diagnosis and management of breast cancer
- Develops clinical procedures and protocols for the guidance of staff
- Demonstrates advanced decision making skills in the clinical setting, ability to assess and advise re: patient’s physical, psychological, psychosexual, social and spiritual needs
- Registered Nurse on appropriate part of the NMC register
- BSc (Hons) Nursing degree or evidence of working towards
- Advanced Breast Care Nursing qualification
- Evidence of post registration/graduate development
- Oncology experience and knowledge
- Oncology Nursing qualification
- Management/ Leadership Skills Course
This role entails advanced communication, listening and negotiation skills to facilitate discussion of complex, sensitive and emotional issues alongside a compassionate and dedicated attitude. If this is you, and you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process.