Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
As the Porter, you will provide a portering/security service of the highest quality to all departments, staff, patients and visitors.
Hours dependent on the needs of the department
- Provide a portering/security service to include delivery/collection of mail, linen, drugs and other items as requested
- To appear professional and courteous at all times, whilst providing support to other departments within the unit
- Explaination of room facilities to patients
- To assist patients with luggage and to escort them to their rooms
- To relieve reception staff for breaks
- Collection and franking of post
- Parking of consultants cars
- To check gauges and storage of gas bottles, changing them as necessary
- Part of hospital fire and safety team
- Part of the crash team
- Previous experience of working as a Porter
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
To be successful in this role you must be a team player, always willing to assist where needed to ensure the safe and smooth running of the facility. You will have a very high standard of customer service, always going above and beyond for our patients and their visitors as well as their colleagues. The position demands excellent communication skills with the ability to appreciate cultural differences. Finally, the successful candidate will have fantastic organization skills, able to juggle a number of priorities.