Clinical Practice Facilitator - Adult Cardiac / Critical Care
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Cardiac ward is made up of 15 private rooms and a 5-bedded CCU – all rooms and beds have full cardiac monitors. The patients treated on the unit are cardiac medical, intervention and surgical and thoracic medical and surgical.
The 9 bed General ITU is split over two floors. The department deals with general surgery, cardiac surgery, neurology surgery, oncology patients and other emergency patients that require critical care.
As part of the CPF team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
We have an opportunity for a CPF to join our Team.
The Post Holder will support and develop band 5 and band 6 nursing staff and Health Care Assistants through facilitation in clinical practice and promotion / implementation of relevant education and development pathways, facilitate acquisition of the necessary skills, knowledge and competency by staff and their mentors in designated areas within the trust
This is a Full Time Permanent Post working 37.5 Hours a week, Mon – Fri flexible, early & lates.
Salary - £39,174 to £45,419 perannum, depending on experience
- To promote and facilitate implementation of evidence based nursing practice
- To work collaboratively with own team and wider PDF network to develop and deliver practice development projects and programmes locally and throughout HCA International
- To promote and implement the practice development strategy for The Harley Street Clinic
- To promote and facilitate the provision of a high standard of holistic patient-centred care
- To work as part of the education and practice development team in the development and implementation of best practice
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of nursing practice standards, guidelines, protocols, policies and care pathways
- Work with the Quality Matron and other CPF’s to review nursing practice, initiating and implementing appropriate changes within the workplace
- Participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities in line with the Knowledge and Skills Framework
- NMC Registered Nurse
- BSc /degree or working towards ( must have 60 credits or more at degree level)
- Teaching course/Qualification
- NVQ assessor
- Qualification in this specialty (cardiac and adult critical care)
- Leadership Training (NVQ/ UCLH Supervisory skills course course/Management experience at senior band 6 level or equivalent
- Extensive and relevant Nursing experience within Cardiac or Critical Care
The successful candidate will diplomatic and decisive with the willingness to take on managerial responsibility. Good organisation and communication skills are essential.