BANK Food and Beverage Assistant
Facility:The Princess Grace Hospital
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
As a Food and Beverage Assistant, you will help to provide an exceptional service to patients, visitors, consultants and staff whilst adhering to the highest standards of food safety and personal conduct.
THIS IS A BANK POSITION AND HOURS WILL BE DEPENDENT ON THE NEEDS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Respond to all telephone calls and queries from patients, staff and visitors in a prompt and professional manner
- Co-ordinate the delivery of catering orders to kitchen, ensuring that all dietary issues are logged
- Address any complaints from patients, visitors or nursing staff escalating to senior member of staff when required
- Responsible for ensuring the prompt delivery of all room service orders
- Ensure excellent standards of customer service at all time.
- Double check all menus before meal service to ensure that correct orders are served at all times.
- Good spoken and written English
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Experience in a 4/5 star Hotel establishment or similar hospital environment
- Qualification/training in relevant discipline e.g. Food Hygiene level 2
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- A good understanding of Health and safety principles
The successful candidate will work well within a team and posses a flexible approach in order to meet the changing needs of the Catering department. Excellent customer service skills are essential. The successful candidate will be friendly, polite and courteous at all times and will be well presented at all times.