Clinical Governance Monitoring Manager
Salary:£40,001 - £50,000
Leaders In Oncology Care (LOC), a specialist treatment centre at the forefront of cancer care is a HCA Healthcare UK organisation dedicated to cancer patients, providing innovative cancer treatments which focus on individual patient’s needs, situated on the prestigious Harley Street in London.
With an established international reputation for pioneering treatments and an outstanding team of over 80 consultants and clinical colleagues of varying specialities we combine this expertise and experience to deliver the best possible treatment to our patients.
LOC has attracted many of the UK’s leading Consultants, creating an outstanding team of specialists and clinical colleagues. Our highly skilled team of professionals includes medical oncologists, clinical oncologists, haemotologists, psychiatrists and specialists in symptom management and complementary treatments. We also work collaboratively with surgeons, radiologists and pathologists together providing a unified, integrative approach to cancer care.
The Clinical Governance Monitoring Manager will be responsible for monitoring consultant activity for all consultants across the all HCA Cancer Network sites with regards to scope of practice, clinical governance, patient activity, provision of care, and data analysis in relation to quality outcomes.
This will include participation and awareness in mortality review programmes to identify common themes, areas for improvement, and practice considerations.
This is a full time permanent role, 37.5 hours with salary range £37,000 - £47,000
Benefits: Strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
- Complete daily monitoring of consultant activity with regards to adherence to agreed scope of practice and application of treatment protocols.
- Monitor consultant activity with regards to chemotherapy dose intensity on standard protocols.
- Monitor consultant cover arrangements to ensure adherence to scope of practice and practicing privileges for inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Monitor patient activity for all consultants operating across the HCA Cancer Network to ensure adherence to recommended patient numbers and length of patient reviews.
- To monitor and review adherence to recommendations regarding patient supervision and follow-up arrangements. To ensure that these recommendations are applied to all cancer patients, including those receiving treatment via Healthcare at Home services.
- Ensure that all cancer patients seen at an HCA facility have the correct diagnosis, morphology and agreed documents in health records to meet the criteria for each part of the patient pathway.
- Liaise with the HCA Cancer Network MDT and M&M Lead to gain data regarding consultant participation in MDT and M&M activities.
- Monitor patient records as part of the Audit Programme in relation to patient pathways, referral, treatment, follow-up, and referral to supportive services, Living Well, MDT and excellence in the last days of life.
- Ensure correct and complete documentation, including consent for all cancer patients and the completion of discharge summaries for all cancer patients admitted as inpatients at an HCA Facility.
- To support health records governance arrangements including audit, complaints, incidents and risk by working with other Governance Team members across the HCA Cancer Network.
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of consultant documentation in health records across the HCA Cancer Network.
- Proactively review systems to support ensuring that all cancer patients at HCA have integrated medical records.
- Ensure that all new consultants complete an induction and that mentoring is provided by an appropriate consultant who holds practicing privileges at HCA.
- Prepare consultant Annual Review Reports and reviews of consultant activity related to incidents, complaints and audits.
- Experience within a Governance or Risk role within Healthcare is essential.
- Experience working in healthcare industry with Medical Consultants
- Understanding or consultant practice and activity
- Knowledge of health records systems
- Awareness of Data Protection, and Information Governance.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent communication and presenting skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Data Analysis skills
- Experience of working within cancer services and the patient pathway
- Understanding of Consultant private practice
This role would suit a well organised and self motivated individual from either private healthcare or NHS at Band 7/8a level. Management level experience involved in patient outcomes, consultant practice, patient activity monitoring experience and strong data analysis and documentation skills. Knowledge of the cancer patient pathway strongly advantageous.