BANK - Medical Records Officer
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
We are looking for Medical Records Officers to join our Central Bank team to provide a responsive, efficient, accurate and secure service for the storage, management and distribution of medical records across HCA Healthcare on an adhoc temporary basis as and when there are requirements within the business.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for flexibility in your working hours without committing to a permanent role and will give you the chance to work at different World class hospitals within London. Bank assignments vary from one or two days cover to a couple of weeks or longer.
We offer competitive hourly rates of pay. Typical shifts available Monday to Friday.
- To ensure the medical records department runs effectively using the electronic scanning and archiving system.
- To process enquiries regarding medical records from patients and their legal representatives, as well as medical and Hospital employees.
- To audit files for missing items and incomplete records and file incoming reports/correspondence into patient records
- Prepare files for storage, archiving and microfilming
- Liaison with storage companies for safe disposal of records
- To provide records or information on request, as appropriate
- Filing, photocopying, letter writing, dealing with telephone enquiries and sundries as required.
- Be responsible for development and maintenance of filing systems.
- Inputting of data as and when required.
- Previous experience within a medical records department would be highly regarded
- Previous experience in collating and interpreting data
- Computer literate
- Excellent administrative skills
The ideal candidate will work in a structured, organised and systematic approach enabling them to meet deadlines. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately verbally and in writing is essential along with a high attention to detail.