BANK - Medical Secretary
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
We are looking for experienced Medical Secretaries to join our Central Bank team to provide high quality secretarial support across HCA Healthcare on an adhoc temporary basis as and when there are requirements within the business.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for flexibility in your working hours without committing to a permanent role and will give you the chance to work at different World class hospitals within London. Bank assignments vary from one or two days cover to a couple of weeks or longer.
We offer competitive hourly rates of pay. Typical shifts available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
- To provide full secretarial support to the Consultant (including audio-typing of clinical/non-clinical material, reports etc.) including those of a sensitive nature, whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Receive new patient referrals and arrange relevant appointments across various hospital departments. Assisting with the registering of new patients and ensure that all patient records are kept up to date.
- Respond to all written and verbal queries from patients and relatives, as required by the consultant.
- Maintain and file accurate records.
- Prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Use hospital computer system to register/obtain client information.
- To be responsible for all relevant Clinics.
- Experience of working as a Medical Secretary
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fully literate in the MS Office suite
- Advanced typing skills (speed and accuracy)
- Experience of DGL, Mosiaq or Mydex Pro would be desirable
The ideal candidate will be confident, with clear communication and a real focus on providing outstanding customer service. They will be versatile and flexible and happy to work across various sites in London. They will also be able to adhere to processes and protocol and have the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet the department objectives.