Building Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service. They will also have access to the well-priced and high quality food range available within the staff restaurant.
The Building Electrical Maintenance Engineer will provide a first class building maintenance service to the hospital, covering all reactive and preventative, assisting with projects and schedule maintenance work. They will cover multiple locations and will mainly cover electrical maintenance, however the successful candidate will have exposure to other aspects of engineering.
Salary: £26,983-£31,807 (Dependent on candidate experience)
This role is required to cover the service from Monday – Sunday (40 Hours a week) with Paid overtime, On-call on internal rotation (subject to change).
- Perform electrical installations, fault finding and rectifications
- Work with plant and equipment preforming all reactive and preventative maintenance
- Preforming generator testing, and monitoring of all Fixed wire testing and PAT testing where required
- Work on planned preventive maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives.
- Respond to emergency maintenance and unforeseen maintenance requested.
- Prioritise work requests and carry them out efficiently.
- Supervise external contractors as directed by the Team Leader.
- Carry out all work in adherence to health and safety and COSHH polices and guidelines.
- Operate a shift system or On Call as required.
- Assist in the development and training of staff as requested.
- Document all work accurately using a PDA
- Assist in projects as required.
- Minimum of City & Guilds (electrical) or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in similar role
- Good Diagnostic
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and non verbal communications skills
The successful individual will be someone that takes ownership of their workload and is able to prioritise. They will need to be flexible and constantly providing solutions to situations.