Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams. This position will be based from our new and rapidly growing IT offices in London Bridge.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive package dependant upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
The position will be based out of our new IT offices on the banks of the Thames in London Bridge.
The BI Developer provides technical, functional and operational focus for the development of HCA’s BI capabilities. The key focus is providing operational excellence and supporting the delivery of the BI solutions and strategy.
BI development may include, but is not limited to, data structure design, application support, dashboard development, incident management, providing training support, testing business continuity plans, documenting policies and procedures, identifying and implementing enhancements and new technologies / ways of working that will best meet organisational needs.
As a BI Developer, your role will include:
1. Carrying out BI development tasks as the Subject Matter Expert
2. Incident management
3. Dashboard development and delivery
4. Developing collaborative relationships with IT&S and business colleagues
5. Working closely with technical architects to ensure solutions fit well within the end to end target architecture
6. Working closely with DBAs to ensure solutions fit well with the data architecture
• To develop and deliver BI activities within the IT&S group
• Develop visual interactive reporting tools and dashboards
• Identify new and more insightful ways of communicating analytical outcomes that drive HCA performance
• Work as part of the broader BI team to ensure data cleanliness
• Design, create, test and document new and amended SQL, packages and programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards.
• Produce specifications and designs for information systems and their components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
• Develop, implement and report the findings of suitable test plans/cases/schedules to measure and improve the quality of IT solutions being deployed, to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
• BA/BSc or appropriate degree/experience
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Strong technical aptitude
• Experience with business process and requirements analysis
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to clearly document technical processes and procedures
• Self-starter and ability to work independently as required yet function well within a team
• Proactive individual who can see issues and projects through to the end
• Expert in SQL programming - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
• Strong knowledge of BI tools - Tableau and Cognos desirable
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to make decisions based on data and an appreciation of the available options
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to interact positively at all levels within the firm and a good team player
• Able to demonstrate excellent client/customer facing skills