PICU Nurse - Bank Shifts
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
Within HCA Hospital’s group we have two fantastic facilities that offer Paediatric Intensive Care.
Known the world over for its clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in London entirely dedicated to women and children. We’re proud to have developed a reputation as one of the world’s leading providers of private healthcare, specialising in Obstetrics (Maternity), Women's Health and Paediatrics.
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
By joining HCA's Bank you will have access to a dedicated central support team,competetive hourly rates, paid annual leave and will not be charged for your pre-employment checks.
As a member of our Bank PICU Nurses, you will be allocated shifts in either The Portland Hospital or The Harley Street Clinic depending on where there is a need for additional support. Your key role will be to plan and deliver a first class service to our patients. We make sure that the nurse to patient ratio is low and in the case of PICU it is usually one to one, which gives you the time to dedicate to the patients you are looking after.
Shift patterns and working hours will vary depending on your availability and the demands of the business
- Plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the needs of the patient and their families/carers
- Maintain high standards within the patient environment
- Fully document all aspects of patient care in a timely manner
- NMC registered, preferably as an RCN or RSCN
- Relevant qualifications or experience on a paediatric ward
- Experience of having worked with acute and chronically sick children
- Understanding of Child Protection
- Competent in the administration of IV drugs and management of central venous access, mechanical ventilation, tracheostomies, inotropic support, arterial lines and chest drains
The right people for HCA's Bank will be adaptable and flexible, able to easily settle into a new environment and be consistently reliable and punctual to ensure they are providing the best level of support to our facilities.
They will have a professional demeanour and personal presentation, along with the ability to ensure our patients are in a calm and comforting environment at all times. They will be able to prioritise their workload, whilst also being comfortable asking for direction from permanent members of the team.
Interpersonal skills are also a must - our patients are extremely varied and a level of sensitivity and cultural awareness are very important. Finally the successful applicant will also have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.