BANK - General Nurse
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
London’s largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister, The London Bridge, The Portland, The Princess Grace and The Wellington. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS. Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
As a member of our Bank General Nurses, you could be working in any one of our fantastic hospitals depending on where there is a need. Your key role will be to plan and deliver a first class service to our patients. We make sure that the nurse to patient ratio is low in all of our facilities, which gives you the time to dedicate to the patients you are looking after.
By joining HCA's Bank you will have access to a dedicated central support team, priority on available shifts, paid annual leave,paid mandatory training and quick and efficient recruitment process.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Decontaminate equipment, ensuring it is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by permanent staff
- RGN with valid NMC Pin
- Ability to manage the clinical area (responsibility will differ depending on level of role)
- Current and Relevant post graduate experience within a UK hospital nursing setting
The right people for HCA's Bank will be adaptable and flexible, able to easily settle into a new environment and be consistently reliable and punctual to ensure they are providing the best level of support to our facilities.
They will have a professional demeanour and personal presentation, along with the ability to ensure our patients are in a calm and comforting environment at all times. They will be able to prioritise their workload, whilst also being comfortable asking for direction from permanent members of the team.
Interpersonal skills are also a must - our patients are extremely varied and a level of sensitivity and cultural awareness are very important. Finally the successful applicant will also have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience