Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Independent Nurse Prescriber
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner / Independent Nurse Prescriber
- Based in Manchester - onsite at our Client premises
- 7 hours per week
At Blossoms Healthcare, part of HCA Healthcare UK private patient group, we offer the highest possible level of GP and occupational health services across London, Manchester and Birmingham. Our independent and onsite clinics provide a wide range of services including same-day appointments, travel vaccinations, sexual health advice, private blood tests, nursing services and HRT treatment for menopause. We also offer a range of health checks and screenings that can detect potential issues before they cause real damage.
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner you will work independently to provide a general nursing service for our company clients based in Manchester. This is a varied role and each day will be different however your main duties will involve: assessing, diagnosing and treatment minor illness, dressings, ear syringing, smears, venepuncture and cholesterol testing.
In addition, you will help to coordinate the defined primary care activities and help to ensure that compliance with relevant legislation is maintained within the clinic.
Working Hours: 7 hours, split across two mornings a week, Monday and Thursday
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, with the option to buy and sell additional annual leave days. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Maintain the highest standards of primary health nursing care
- Undertake the collection of pathological specimens including intravenous blood samples, swabs, smears, etc. Perform investigatory procedures requested by the GP’s Undertake chain of custody urinary drug analysis for client companies
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and nondrug- based treatment methods into a management plan
- Provide advice on overseas travel and vaccinations
- Carry out influenza inoculations programmes at practice and client sites
- Co-ordinate and participate in health promotion days
- Undertake vision screening for clings both on site and at client premises.
- Maintain a full supply of medical stock and appropriate health care supplies for the practice
- Maintain up to date knowledge on all professional nursing matters
- Maintain accurate confidential health records
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Independent Nurse Prescriber Qualification
- Practice Nurse Qualifications (Diploma/Degree) desirable, but not essential
- Relevant experience of dealing with minor injuries, ear irrigation, travel health and venepuncture
- Previous experience as a prescribing nurse
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.