Biomedical Scientist- 3 - LBH Labs Chem, Haematology and Blood Transfusion
Category:Healthcare Science Services
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services. We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry and endocrinology, haematology and blood transfusion, histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology, with each laboratory equipped with the best available analytical instrumentation.
You will be responsible for the speedy and accurate processing of samples, the interpretation and validation of results and to deputies for department Head as required. You will also provide a quality, multi-disciplinary analytical role enabling the provision of a comprehensive 24 hour pathology service for laboratory users.
To work as a team member within Chemistry, Haematology and Blood Transfusion bringing any problems which may affect the provision of the service to the attention of Department Head.
As a Senior staff member within Multi disciplinary assist in planning operations according to priority and ensure procedures are followed and performed to appropriate standard
- Ensure procedures are followed and performance is of an appropriate standard
- Initiate the introduction of new techniques
- Ensure adequate supplies available in section
- Assist in the training of staff
- Attend Section or Laboratory meetings including Risk Group as required
- Meet H&S requirements as defined by protocols, risk assessments, H&S meeting issues and audit
- Report non-compliances and incidents and take corrective action as appropriate
- Ensure Operating Procedures are present and up to date
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples
- Interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results
- Monitor and enter results from referral laboratories
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary Night Shift Rota
- BSc/MSc in Biomedical Science
- HCPC Registered
- Member if the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.