Urgent Care Lead Doctor
HCA Healthcare UK, world’s largest privately funded patient hospital group is currently operating 5 Urgent Care Centres within Central London. Offering rapid-access urgent care services to private patient who experience sudden health problems or injuries.
We are excited to offering a brand new opportunity for an Urgent Care Lead Doctor, passionate to lead at the forefront of a our state of art unit and inspire a team of experienced Urgent Care GPs to provide exceptional clinical care at our London Bridge Urgent Care Centre. We are very proud of the service we offer, this is a private patient adult only site, walk ins attendees where no appointment required and as a visible leader you will be a role model to your doctors to ensure we are maintaining the highest of clinical standards and customer service to every attendees.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is either an experienced Leader or someone with a wealth or Urgent Care experience looking to progress and develop within a leadership position.
Full-time permanent contract 40 hours per week. Shifts patterns will rotate with a combination of weekdays and weekends.
Service hours Monday-Friday 8am-9pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am-6pm
London Bridge Hospital, SE1 2PR
This role will take ownership of leading of the day to day service and ensuring the Doctors at the forefront are offering the very best service, prompt treatment plans and rapid access to the very latest technology or specialists consultants.
With a day that offers variety, you will find your role worthwhile and rewarding.
Our commitment to you;
- Attractive competitive base salary + 10% Out of hours allowance + 15% KPI Bonus paid quarterly + Management level reward and benefits
- Opportunity to be considered for a fully funded Masters Degree in Medical Leadership ( EMML ) in association with Cass Business School a 2 year course sponsored by HCA Primary Care.
- Flexible start and finish times.
- You will have time to care for our patients
- You will have free Private Medical Health Insurance. Private contributory Pension for your long-term security.
- Protective 5 Days Study Leave per annum to support your own professional development.
- Funded indemnity
- Weekly CPD seminars to attend with a vast range of specialist consultants.
- This role you will be expected to work part clinical (80%) and part management (20%) , lead by example and will managerially be responsible for all Operational activity, Quality of care and Clinical performance for your doctors practicing in the Urgent Care Centre. This will include ensuring your team are trained and developed to the highest of standards, rotas are run efficiently; patients are promptly seen, triaged and treated using our state of the art facilities and cutting edge technology.
As and experience urgent care doctor you will be expected to cope with most conditions, successfully treating around 85% of patients immediately on-site. However, for those attendees requiring further diagnostic tests, such as MRI or CT scanning, or further hospital treatment, we have a permanent rota of on-call consultants from multiple medical specialties who are available to provide care quickly and as a registered GP you will be able to provide a consultant referral.
- This is a KPI driven environment and your ideas on striving for excellence will be encouraged and supported.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification. Fully Registered with the GMC and listed on the GP register
- Urgent Care / A+E experience/ aptitude
- Able to work long days, Earlies or Lates
- Be competent in the interpretation of X-rays, ECGs, laboratory tests, POCT and diagnostics relevant to the UCC setting and refer/consult the appropriate speciality if indicated
Should you be an International applicant we will also support you with Certificate of sponsorships for Tier 2 visa, if required and financial relocation support.
Join the medical leaders in private healthcare, HCA Healthcare UK and apply today