HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA Uk invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
Working as a Bank Pharmacy Technician you will be responsible to carry out pharmaceutical duties under the direction of the lead pharmacy technician according to hospital procedure in order to ensure a high-quality pharmacy service throughout the hospital
This is a Bank opportunity working across all of our sites with competitive Bank rates
- Perform work in line with hospital protocols and standards
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team work, helping to create and maintain effective working relationship
- Keep all dispensing work stations clean and tidy at all times and well stocked with ancillaries and PILs to ensure smooth running of the department according to Dispensary Task rota
- Dispense inpatient, outpatient and consultant prescriptions according to hospital policies and procedures
- Fill stock orders for the wards and theatres according to hospital protocol and to use the Meditech Computer System for stock transfer and charging
- Participate in the ward top up system according to hospital protocol
- Check expiry dates and stock holding on the floors/ departments on a regular basis
- Receive and check goods against delivery notes and put stock away to ensure stock rotation
- To be able to use own initiative
- Ability to prioritise
- Good team work both within the department and throughout the hospital
- Using initiative to improve work processes through the correct channels
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.