From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA Uk invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
As the Porter, you will provide a portering/security service of the highest quality to all departments, staff, patients and visitors.
HOURS WILL BE DEPENDENT ON BUSINESS NEEDS
- Responding to any Security, Fire or Cardiac Arrest alerts
- To organise and handle support equipment and materials (e.g. Oxygen Cylinders)
- To carry out security/fire patrols of all internal and external hospital buildings
- To keep reception, lodges and surrounding areas clean, tidy and free of obstructions
- To escort patients to rooms, assisting with luggage and showing the patient all room facilities
- Van Driving duties include: transporting employees, patients and visitors via the shuttle bus service
- To collect deliveries within the hospital and transport them between the buildings to be delivered
- Previous porter experience within a hospital environment
- A full UK driving license is essential
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies & procedures would be advantageous
- Good verbal communication skills with excellent customer care skills
- Knowledge of health & safety procedures
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.