Adult Critical Care SPR Doctor
Facility:The Lister Hospital
The Lister Hospital, located in Chelsea, London, has provided high-quality care to private patients for more than 30 years. As an HCA Healthcare UK facility, services and treatments include; highly-specialised gastroenterology, cardiology, IVF and orthopaedic units, many of which are recognised as centres of excellence.
Recently reviewed as ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, we offer high levels of expertise and clinical excellence, coupled with the latest state of the art technology attracting world-class Consultants and highly specialist nurses making this a great working and learning environment, for medical professionals.
We have an exciting opportunity for SpR Level trained doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare in a busy Adult ITU/Critical Care unit, treating a wide variety of critically ill patients.
Our unit is equipped with the latest technology and provides the highest level of dedicated, continuous and specialised care to Critical Care Level 2 and 3 patients with very complex needs.
The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to fully assisting the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
Salary £58000-£65000 dependent upon skills and experience.
Contract can either be permanent or for 1 year fixed term contract to the choice of the applicant.
Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota.
- Part-time hours are also available.
- Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan worklife balance.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- This will include updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- MBBS medical qualification
- An additional post-graduate qualification equivalent to FRCA, MRCP and MRCS is preferred.
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
- Evidence of specialist training in Intensive Care Medicine with ability to intubate and manage the airway confidently unsupervised.