Regional General Practitioner / Healthscreener
HCA Healthcare UK primary care division has specialised in corporate primary care services for over 30 years, working with over 1500 companies nationwide, with key sectors of focus being financial services, accounting services, legal services, technology, transport and management services.
As the largest single provider of private GP services in the UK, our GPs are able to practise to the highest of standards offering a full range of fast and efficient Consultations, Diagnostics, Referrals and Treatments, with the freedom and autonomy to deliver world-class care without restriction and un-necessary bureaucracy
We offer so much more than just a standard range of health screens and GP services. We can develop models ranging from more basic health assessments which target key health concerns for younger people, to extensive health screens which include a highly comprehensive medical / physical with a GP, as well as a number of advanced genetic and diagnostic imaging screens.
The role of the Corporate Regional General Practitioner / Healthscreener is to provide our clients a world class, comprehensive medical support across a range of sites and locations. All clinics or appointments are scheduled in advance, allowing our practitioners a plannable work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be based from home with a permanent contract of 24 hours per week (6 sessions) and will be responsible for visiting clients across: Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire and West Midlands.
The role commands an attractive base salary, travel allowance and expenses account. Should any out of hours (start or finish times) commitment be required or alternatively an overnight stay, an additional financial reward will be provided.
Additional rewards: Private Medical Healthcare Insurance, Contributory Pension, Study Leave, Annual Salary review. Funded Indemnity, continuous CPD training opportunities. Easy access online clinical systems, allowing GPs to access critical information and data paperless and remotely.
- Business Partnering Corporate Clients, acting as the front facing lead GP to provide medical expertise to their workforce.
- Provide health screening services and GP consultations
- Review medical questionnaires prior to assessments, Health screening and health promotion medicals (including history, medical examination, well woman checks, allocated tests and venesection)
- Provide appropriate onward referrals as appropriate
- Provide patient advice, follow ups and, where required, private prescription service
- Advise patients on cost of prescriptions/dispensed medication if required
- Ensure care in line with corporate client benefits, e.g. PMI terms and conditions
- Ensure patient records and dates are maintained and updated accurately
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC, Named on the GP register
- MRCGP (or equivalent)
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT
- Exceptional client facing customer service skills