Biomedical Scientist - Transfusion
Category:Healthcare Science Services
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services. We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry and endocrinology, haematology and blood transfusion, histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology, with each laboratory equipped with the best available analytical instrumentation.
As a Biomedical Scientist you will comprehensive experience in Transfusion - you will be processing samples to provide accurate and quality results on time. You will be trained in a multi-disciplinary analytical role, enabling the provision of a comprehensive 24 hour pathology service for laboratory users.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week. There are internal shifts rotation, including 8am – 4.30pm, 10.30am – 7pm and 12.30pm – 9pm; also to include some weekends covering the hours of 8am – 8.30pm.
The attractive and competitive dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples
- Interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results
- Assist the Section Leader with the day to day running of the Pathology department
- Ensure equipment are in good working order
- Liaise and assist specimen Reception and other sections within the laboratory
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies
- Follow HCA policies and procedures
- Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
- HCPC Registered
- Evidence of continual personal development
- BBTS specialist is desirable