Bank Oncology/Haematology - Manchester
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
At HCA Healthcare UK we have a large Cancer Network, providing world-class cancer care across multiple hospitals and facilities, at the forefront of this in Manchester is The Christie Private Care. With this comprehensive network we have the facilities and expertise to diagnose, treat and support the recovery of patients with all forms and stages of cancer. Our expert team brings together word-leading surgeons, Haematologists, Oncologists and Nursing staff to deliver the highest standard of care.
We are currently recruiting for Nurses to join our bank and to be part of these growing clinical teams consisting of world renowned experts from top NHS institutions. You will have the ability to grow and develop your nursing career, academically and professionally, whilst working at the forefront of the cancer healthcare industry.
As a member of our Bank Oncology / Haematology Nurses, your key role will be to plan and deliver a first class service to our patients and potentially administering chemotherapy (if certified to do so). We make sure that the nurse to patient ratio is low in all of our facilities, which gives you the time to dedicate to the patients you are looking after.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Decontaminate equipment, ensuring it is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by permanent staff
- RGN with valid NMC Pin
- Relevant post graduate experience within a UK hospital setting
- Phlebotomy, cannulation, CVAD access and chemotherapy experience
- Previous haematology/oncology experience
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy administration certificate would be desirable
The successful candidate must be adaptable as they will be required to work on a flexible basis. Demonstrating the experience to work within the high standards required, with the skills to work as part of a team is essential. Finally, they will have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.