Facility:The London Bridge Hospital
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for the provision of a safe, comfortable and well maintained environment for all service users within the hospital. As part of your role, you will take charge of managing a maintenance system of building, plant equipment to facilitating the continued provision of service to all departments.
Hours: 40 hours/ week (Monday – Friday, 08.00 – 16.30. On call will be 1 in 4 weeks, 10.30 - 19.30, Monday – Friday and Saturday 08.00 – 16.30. On call will be 19.00 – 08.00 Monday – Monday)
- To manage and ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times and to adhere to HCA Healthcare policies and procedures
- Manage the day to day operation of the department. Ensuring all areas are covered in times of absence, annual leave, sickness etc. delegating tasks where necessary
- Manage and Co-ordinate PPM services from external providers, keeping the relevant departments informed
- Ensuring that disruption to patients and the business is kept to a minimum
- Manage and carry out PPM’s and daily checks of allocated plant area, ensuring the area is well maintained and tidy at all times
- To work on and manage planned preventive maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives, maintaining accurate records and documentation at all times all the while liaising with your line manager
- Respond to, and complete incoming works logged on the internal computerised maintenance management system (Clikphix) prioritising your workload, responding quickly to emergencies. Assessing jobs and devising a plan of action to complete
- Placing call outs with external service providers
- Manage departmental stock Control - Identify and source materials. Raising and placing purchase orders on the internal requisition system
- Ensure the appropriate use of resources within agreed budgets
- Carry out installation works as instructed
- Assist in projects as required. Liaising with your senior managers and external contractors
- Extensive experience of working within a similar role
- City & Guilds/NVQ in Electrical, Plumbing or M&E building services
- Extensive experience within a Hospital or similar organisation is essential
- Management experience desirable
- Good general knowledge and understanding of all disciplines within building services
- Health and Safety, COSHH, Lifting and Handling, Fire regulations and Water Management
- Supervisory, leadership and team management experience
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.