Clinical Fellow- Hip, Knee and Sports Surgery
Facility:The Princess Grace Hospital
Clinical Fellow in Hip, Knee and Sports Surgery – 1 year fixed term contract to commence January 2019
Join HCA Healthcare UK as we celebrate our 50th year of establishment, Outstanding CQC rated Hospitals, State of the Art Technology, Pioneering Treatments plans and complex range of patients cases. We can offer you an excellent learning environment among a wealth of Medical experts that can guide and develop your career.
We are offering an excellent opportunity for a post-FRCS (Ortho) trainee surgeon to undertake research and clinical work under the primary supervision of Professor Fares Haddad based at Princess Grace Hospital in London. This Senior Fellow post specialising in in Hip, Knee and Sports Surgery works in partnership with University College London Hospitals
The job has a great track record for both academic and clinical research with previous Fellows achieving over ten presentations/publications per year. Our organisations have extensive links to elite sport, which also offers additional avenues for unique clinical exposure and research themes.
Fellowship contract details;
• This is a full time role working 37.5 hrs per week - partly at Princess Grace Hospital (42-52 Nottingham Pl, Marylebone, London W1U 5NY) and University College Hospital.
• 1 Year fixed term contract to commence January 2019
• The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £50,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
This job advert is open between 27/11/2018 and 25/12/2018
Reward & recognition –
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year and will cover the cost of your indemnity. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
- The main focus will primarily be in lower limb arthroplasty and sports surgery.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to undertake clinical and operative work at a senior level.
- Working alongside a dedicated team of Research Fellows and playing an integral role in service delivery, the successful candidates will enjoy a multitude of research opportunities and be expected to produce high quality research for peer review publication and national/international meeting presentations.
- The job plan is flexible but includes at least 2 operating days per week and can be tailored according to the candidate’s research/clinical needs. If desired, we will also support you in expanding the role to pursue a higher degree.
The desired candidate will need to be Surgically trained and have a particular interest in Hip, Knee and Sports Surgery.
The post holder will need to be able to commence employment at the end of January 2019.
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Evidence of successful completion foundation training/competences ST3+ Training or equivalent.
- FRCS desired
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate