Adult Critical Care ITU SpR Doctor (RMO)
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
Build your Medical Career with the UK Leaders in Complex Care
Join HCA Healthcare UK as we celebrate our 50th year of establishment, Outstanding CQC rated Hospitals, State of the Art Technology, Pioneering Treatments plans and complex range of patients cases. We can offer you an excellent learning environment amongst a wealth of Medical experts that can guide and develop your career.
The Harley Street Clinic,one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals, part of award winning HCA Healthcare UK, is recruiting now for Senior SpR level Doctors trained in ITU/ICU.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for patients, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent ‘Outstanding’ rating awarded by the CQC.
The Harley Street Clinic is an exceptionally well equipped level 3 unit offering the highest levels of care for adult patients given in both the main Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with full 1:1 care and in the supportive clinical environment of the Coronary Care Unit where expertise and technologies are of the highest standard.
Reporting to the Lead Consultant and Chief Nursing Officer, the role of the Resident Medical Officer is to work as part of the RMO specialist team to treat and care for critically ill adult patients.
The role requires management of patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
Contract Type: Permanent contract, Full or Part Time.
Work Hours: Weekly commitment to a rota of regular 12 or 24 hours shifts
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 7 days study leave, study allowance, monthly CPD training sessions, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
We are supportive of training and have developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those doctors wishing to study for a higher degree such as a PhD. We have also extended this co operation with NHS facilities and Research Institutes for doctors who also wish to go out of programme to study for other qualifications such as clinical management degrees.
This is a busy unit a vast range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- This will include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Evidence of successful completion foundation training/competences
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
- Evidence of specialist training Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia ST3 and above FICM/FPM/RCoA - desirable