Paediatric Urgent Care Physician
We Care That You Care.
We are recruiting now for our brand new facility at The Portland Hospital, a dedicated Urgent Care Centre for Children opened in July 2018.
HCA Healthcare UK is delighted to announce expansion of our Urgent Care Centres within our award winning Hospital Group. To compliment the existing Urgent Care Centres at Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital, London Bridge Hospital and The Lister Hospital, we have opened a further dedicated Children's Urgent Care Centre at The Portland Hospital.
HCA UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded healthcare with 800,000 patient interactions every year. From complex and urgent care to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide world-class care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester. At each of our world-class hospitals, many rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC we are at the forefront of ground breaking medicine, specialists in complex and acute conditions and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments and technology.
On offer to experienced Urgent Care GPs;
- Permanent employment contract: 40 hours full time; 24 or 16 hours per week part time.
- Salary up to £95000 dependent upon experience, plus up to 20% bonus based on occupancy/patient contact rate and shift pattern worked.
- Additional benefits; private pension, private medical care cover, funded indemnity insurance, study leave entitlement, in house training and monthly lectures to support CME.
Operating hours 8am-10pm, 365 days per year and you will scheduled either and early or late shift including weekdays and/or weekends.
The Urgent Care Physician role will provide clinical assessment and diagnosis to patient’s requirements including minor injuries, illnesses and fractures. Such as: Aches and pains, allergic reactions, back pain, bladder problems, ear, nose and throat conditions, falls, fractures, sprains, strains and sports injuries, fever, infections and rashes, minor eye conditions, respiratory and chest complaints, stomach and bowel problems and wounds, cuts and grazes
You will be part of a team that provides long day cover, 365 days.
Some weekends shifts also required as part of your rota.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Review Paediatric patients presenting with aches and pains, allergic reactions, bladder problems, ear, nose and throat conditions, falls, sprains, strains and sports injuries, fever, infections and rashes, minor eye conditions, respiratory and chest complaints, stomach and bowel problems and wounds, cuts and grazes
- Cannulate Paediatric Patients
- Interpret Paediatric X Rays
- Refer or admit Paediatric patients as required
For this role you will need;
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification.
- GMC registration and listed on the GP Register.
- Post graduate experience to include Accident + Emergency or Urgent Care. ( Paediatric patient experience is required for The Portland Hospital )
- Patient focused, caring and compassionate.
- Team player able to build relationships and support colleagues.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
Working in this role would be ideal for a registered GP with some Paediatric experience working in either a Paediatrics A&E or Urgent Care Centre in addition to General Practice setting.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.