Category:Management & Business Support
International renowned HCA Healthcare UK, London’s largest private healthcare providers is actively recruiting for a Senior BI Developer to be based in our Central London offices in London Bridge.
HCA Healthcare UK is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
Reporting to the BI Delivery Manager, the BI Developer provides technical, functional and operational focus for the development of HCA’s BI capabilities within the EDW platform. The key focus is providing operational excellence and supporting the delivery of the BI solutions and strategy.
BI development may include, but is not limited to, data structure design, application support, dashboard development, incident management, providing training support and implementing enhancements and new technologies / ways of working that will best meet organisational needs.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
- Provide sizing and estimates for project work and small enhancements.
- Collaborate with Data Architect and senior colleagues to contribute towards design documentation, ensuring it aligns with strategic architecture.
- Liaise with business users to understand and document requirements for BI solutions.
- Collaborate with the Data Quality Analyst to profile supporting data assets, highlighting data quality issues appropriately.Ensure use of version control (TFS) for all solution changes, with regular commits to code repositories.
- Adhere to BI development standards and processes.
- Strictly adhere to security and Information Governance policies and processes, acknowledging the sensitivity of HCA’s data assets.
- Ensure that all solutions are appropriately tested on non-production environments
- Strong background in SQL Server, particularly tSQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience in using BI visualisation tools, including Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience of Data Warehousing and dimensional modelling.
- Experience in scoping and analysing requirements from business users.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic and positive – ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong customer focus with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable with high levels of integrity.
- Ability to clearly explain problems, identify options, and lead to resolution.
- Team player with ability to collaborate effectively with other teams to deliver solutions.
- Good technical design/documentation skills.
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.